Crushed limestone products for any size project available delivered or FOB (from our bin) for pickup. Whether you are a contractor building a large commercial construction project, or a property owner needing some material for your home or farm, we have the right aggregate for your needs. Below is a list of our most commonly crushed stone sizes Please contact our location nearest your project for a quote or to schedule delivery.
Crushed Stone Calculator
Your service request has been completed!We have sent your request information to your email.
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
THIS CALCULATOR USES STATE SPEC WEIGHTS PER A 1” THICK SQUARE YARD OF ROCK TO ESTIMATE THE TONNAGE OF CRUSHED STONE NEEDED FOR YOUR PROJECT.
First, select the stone size and compacted or loose option that best matches the material size and the manner in which you plan to place the material for your project. Compacted options assume the material will be rolled or plate compacted into position. Loose options mean the stone will be dumped or spread with no compaction efforts applied afterwards.
Then, ADD THE LENGTH AND WIDTH IN FEET, and finally, THE DEPTH IN INCHES OF YOUR PROJECT. THEN PRESS “CALCULATE”.
REMEMBER, THESE ARE SIMPLY ESTIMATES. AT HAYDON MATERIALS, WE WILL NOT RESTRICT YOUR JOB TO ESTIMATED TON AMOUNTS UNLESS PREVIOUSLY AGREED UPON.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR WANT TO PLACE AN ORDER, PLEASE CALL OUR NEAREST QUARRY.
HAYDON MATERIALS BARDSTOWN – (502) 348-9533
HAYDON MATERIALS LEBANON – (270) 692-2321
HAYDON MATERIALS GREENSBURG –(270) 932-5526
HAYDON MATERIALS BATTLETOWN – (270) 497-4107
Class I Sand
– Fine granular crushed limestone material. Primarily used in the production of Asphalt. Can be used as fill material or pipe bedding.
Washed Class I Sand
– Small Granular material that has been washed with water to remove the finest lime dust from the stone. Main function is for use in asphalt mixes and concrete. Sometimes referred to as Manufactured sand or Man Sand.
– Small and clean material. A state spec product that is most often used in asphalt mixes but has a variety of other uses. Pipe bedding, walk ways, driveways, concrete mixes; to name a few.
Washed #9 Stone
– Small stone that has been washed to remove fine lime material. Used primarily for surface mix asphalt applications.
– ¾” top size material that has been washed to remove as many fines as possible to create a premium product that is ideally for consistent concrete mixes.
– One of the most commonly used products in our industry, 1 ¼” to ¼” stone with the majority of ¼ and smaller material removed. Used for all sorts of construction applications from building pads to driveways.
#2, #3 or #23 Stone
– Larger construction aggregate that is most often used and the base material for all types of excavation projects. Product is primarily 3” to 1” size crushed stone with minimal smaller materials. Ideal for projects starting on dirt that will finish with a thicker stone pad.
#4, #5 Stone
– 1 ½” to ½” stone that is used for a variety of applications including lateral lines.
– Crushed Stone Base
– A state spec product that is most commonly used as the base stone under paved roads all across Kentucky. This specific combination of 1 ¼” and smaller material is used to create a compactable base layer that is perfect for asphalt paving over.
DGA - Dense Grade Aggregate
– This blend of 1” and smaller rock is the most commonly used product in excavation work in our area. The blend of sizes creates a tightly compacted surface when installed correctly. DGA is the product to use anytime a compacted pad or road is the goal.
Class 2 Channel Lining
– Rip Rap, Class 2, Channel Liner; it has many names but is the same thing used across the industry for erosion control. This 9” to 5” stone works well for lining steeper grades, ditches and other erosion control applications.
Class 3 Channel Lining
– Large Channel Lining with a 16” top size used for heavy erosion control projects. You’ll often see this material on lake dams and river banks.
– A product of many names, Lime, (Lime Dust, Fines, Ag Lime, Agricultural Lime) is primarily used in our markets for correcting soil PH in order to make nutrients and fertilizers more available and effective for crops. This is the smallest material made in our quarries.